Re: [NTLK] Jaggies and Nushield

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 17:51:31 EST

There has been many theories on what causes the
Jaggies.
We have identified and discussed work arounds for:
1) dirt under the display bezel
2) conflict with installed packages or soup entries
3) bad connections inside the Newt and the flex-strip

Fixes have ranged from swiping a business card under
the bezel, holding the Newt in both hands and twisting
it to re-establish faulty connections, and blasting
away your Newt and reinstalling the packages without
restoring your system soup (effectivly throwing away
the learned information your Newt has gathered
throughout the years of use)

In my experience, I have lived with The Jaggies for
over a year and eventually, after trying all methods
of fixes (even including opening up the Newt and
cleaning the contacts manually) the only thing that
worked was sending it to Apple. That's it.
Unfortunatly, from what I'm hearing, this is no longer
an option...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)

--- "Gregory J. Wayman" <gwayman_at_mac.com> wrote:

> This is strictly a speculation on my part. I was
> thinking about this
> though....If in fact one of the
> culprits of Jaggies is dirt and debris in between
> the screen and casing,
> it seems to me that
> would be one more reason to wear a Nushield screen
> protector on your
> Newt. It would fill the
> void and theoretically when you changed you screen
> protector, any
> accumulated gook might
> have a tendency to be removed with the old
> protector. I dunno, any
> thoughts? Maybe Mr. Roth (hehe) could chime in.
>
> There was some speculation that Jaggies might be an
> issue with the board
> itself, Maybe Dr.
> Newton could tell us his view on Jaggies?
>
> Greg, just thinkin. (can't you see the smoke coming
> out my ears)

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -