Re: [NTLK] Avantgo (was: Lotus Notes (warning - long))

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 16:37:37 EST

on 2/25/02 1:58 PM, Steve Weyer at weyer_at_kagi.com wrote:

>> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:31:40 +0000
>> From: Raj Patel <rpatel_at_accelrys.com>
>>
>> I think the killer palm app has to be avantgo (I know you
>> can get it for PocketPC too) which I'd kill for on the
>> Newt (so quick on a palm with so little horsepower).
>>
>> Any chance Newtscape could be cut down to offer Avantgo
>> style functional minimalism (presumably the Avantgo channel
>> spec is public) ?
>
> can you look at existing Avantgo channels, i.e., providing HTML via http:
> or is some other format and/or protocol being used?
>
> [I look at very quick look at what docs are avail to developers on the
> avantgo site, but wasn't sure where to start...]

 Howdy -

I seem to recall, with what sliver of functioning memory that I still
possess, that StandAlone produced an app called PaperBoy (?) that had a
similar function to AvantGo. Is that correct, and is that product still
supported? It is still listed on StandAlone's site. but that's the extent of
my knowledge on this matter. I have stopped using AvantGo on my Handspring
because I have never been able to get comfortable with reading any sizable
ammount of text on that tiny screen.

Dave