Re: [NTLK] NCU backup -1 errors - known fix?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 15:30:50 EST

> I'd bet cash money that the serializer is breaking on a malformed
>note. SuperNotePad may be able to make sense of it, or maybe it's invisible,
>but when the serializer tries to break down its frame structure, it
>hits badness.

Interesting. I don't know what the 'serializer' is, but the rest of this I
follow and it makes perfect sense as a hypothesis.

I actually have done "binary chop" and found the culperate, but it took
hours and it eventually re-appeared.

Now that I think about it, the "malformed note" could be one generated by
Ink Spot (do you use that app by chance?) when you save a news article.
That was the problem note last time.

Glad to hear it's (probably) not SuperNotePad anyway.

-Jeremy