[NTLK] I'm impressed

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 14:19:46 EST

Today, at work, I was wondering how to get the notes from my first Swedish
lesson on paper. I contemplated downloading NCU from UNNA, install it
on the iMac, try to find the serial cable and the keyspan adapter and hope
that that would work.
Then I remembered that some time ago I had succeeded in connecting to my
Mac via Ethernet at home. Not really believing it would work, I ripped the
Ethernet plug from my iMac and plugged it in the Newton's card. Opened
the note, selected "Print", and -bang- Newtie had about 50 printers at its
disposal. Including my colleague's A0 inkjet proofer (which would have
been a bit overkill...).
The only problem was finding one that was nearby. Although I am a
satisfied Palm user: I'd never even dream of trying this with a Palm.

This machine will never cease to amaze me. Thanks again, Ken!

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de