Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #163

From: Japecan_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 12:48:01 EST

Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:55:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Larry Cafiero <grafhicks_at_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Powerbook 5300 cs

First, having owned three PowerBook 5300s in the past
(all bought while living in Japan - and I still
probably have the only 5300 left outside of Apple
since their buyback program), I can say that the
reputation that they're the PowerBook "weak link" is
somewhat unfounded. For all its problems, it was the
first PowerPC PowerBook, and a step in the right
direction for Apple.

But I don't think any of the 5300 series is worth $200
at this point, especially since the 5300cs has a
passive matrix screen. You shouldn't pay more than
$100 for it.

Larry,

Thanks for the information! Where were you in Japan?
I was actually born there in Tachikawa,Tokyo. I thought it would be a good idea since I'm having trouble connecting to my Dell latitude ls and thought having a resonable Apple laptop for the minor things. Again thank you all for the information and advice. This list still rocks!!!

Robert Maeda Serna (japecan_at_aol.com)