[NTLK] $150 newt/how about $25 newt?

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 16:49:59 EST

I've been looking on ebay at those 32meg memory cards, and
considering buying one... I also was gonna spring for an AA battery
tray from the local mac dealer, but when they told me is was $47.95
plus 15% tax (canadian dollars) for a piece of nice plastic, I
started thinking maybe another Nimh pack would be a better bet....

so.... I happened accross a sale of an upgraded newt 2000, with 32
meg card, nimh batt, charger, and a 33.6 modem
I was expecting to pay $35 for the mem card, plus about $30 for the
battery, and I expect the 33.6 modem is worth about $15
but this whole package was only $105.00
That's like paying $25 for the upgraded newton!!!

A steal, considering I just bought a mr2ndhand 2100 a few weeks ago
for $149, no 32 meg memory card, no 33.6 modem.

Ok, so who is this person selling no reserve newts on ebay with the
extras and letting them go cheap like this? LOL. I got mine from
phillydiscounters, and let me just add that I havent got the unit
yet, and it's a crap shoot about condition afaik right now.
But hey, I thought I;d pass on the info to the list....
Looks like he may be more wise today, and has added some reserve, but
many ppl sell below the reserve anyway when the auction is over.