[NTLK] Perfect switch for accelerated Newts!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 00:34:21 EST

I've been on a mission to find the perfect s*m*a*l*l
switch to put inside my UMP2000 accelerated to switch
back and forth between the two crystals.
Well, I found it!
I had an old Cenetnnial 2mb SRAM card that has an
internal rechargeable battery. It is dead and of no
use to me. But that little "write protect" switch
looks to be the perfect size, now if only it is an
SPDT!
Crack open the sealed case and sure enough, it's SPDT!
I'm going to perform the operation tonight (want the
ability to beam with fellow Newtoneers tomorrow) and
if everything goes smoothly, I should be able to
switch between speeds!
Wish me luck!
Ed
web/gadget guru
(now, where did I put those backup ram cards?)

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -