Re: [NTLK] Need recommendations for Newton calculator

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 12:49:37 EST

Well, I never tried my keyboard...honestly, my Newt
does so well recognizing my handwriting, I'm actually
slower with the keyboard (and besides, some of the
letters have rubbed off of some of the keys...tough
for a "hunt-and-peck" typist!)
But, I did just plug it in and test it...and I have to
report that it doesn't work...oh well, I don't use it
anyway! I don't like the way it feels either!
But! I believe that Stephanie did a speed upgrade on
her eMate and the keyboard still works with that!

I found that the Newt will not IR with a
non-accellerated Newt. I don't have another
accellerated Newt to test if it will work with an
accellerated Newt, but I will this weekend ;-) My NPDS
is going in for surgery...strictly out-patient, this
weekend for a crystal transplant. I will be able to
test the IR functionality then. But again, I've read
where Stephanie has done this already and has reported
success!
I'll confirm between a UMP2000 and a 2100
accellerated.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)
--- David Orriss Jr <dave_at_davenet.net> wrote:

> Ed,
>
> Speaking of your sped up newton...
>
> - Does the IR work still?
> - Does the keyboard work?
>
> That's two of the issues with the "Implanted"
> Newtons that I've read
> about... :-)
>
> And I agree, Dashboard is awesome. I live with the
> speed hit,
> considering what you get in return....

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -