Re: [NTLK] Hi everyone

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 11:26:43 EST

On 22/02/02 11:14, "Smith, Bradley" <bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com> wrote:

> Hi Brad :-)
>
> No one knows what I'm asking, and, looking at my original post, neither do
> I!
> My follow up post should make a bit more sense.
>
> It's good to be back and recognising so many names. I can't believe you guys
> are all still here!
>
> At the point I left I was going to write an Outlook -> Newton email
> synchronizer. Since then thgough I've become a mac convert (and a Cocoa /
> Objective-C evangelist), although I still need the program. No one's written
> one while I've been away I suppose?

Hem... nope, nobody I know! Glad to see that you're now an Objective-C
convert! I haven't seen a lot of people going away from ObjC once they
understand it, but seen a lot of converts from other languages to ObjC. I'm
myself an ObjC programmer for over 7 years and counting (well, not counting
anymore at work, but I'm trying to keep up at home ;-)

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System
V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1)
choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally,
to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular
definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."