Re: [NTLK] Hi everyone

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 08:38:16 EST

on 22/02/02 06:51, Smith, Bradley at bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com wrote:

> This is Brad,
>
> An old time newtoneer, recently returned to the flock.
> Can anyone point me to some instructions for connecting my 2100 to the
> internet through my Windows 2000 box using the remote access serial
> connection concept? There used to be a really good page on how to do it on
> the net but all my google searches have failed me thus far.

Hi Brad! Glad to see you back! What brought you in?

Sorry, I can offer any help. I don't really understand what you're trying to
do. Why not using an old, regular modem for a serial connection to the
Internet? Or a cheap Ethernet card for a network hookup?

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.