Re: [NTLK] [OT-ish] Mac printer

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 04:49:57 EST

on 2/21/02 11:22 PM, Filmer, Paul E. at pfilmer_at_nsf.gov wrote:

> Chooser can see lots of other printers via the AppleTalk/Ethernet, just not
> the directly connected one...

Am I right in assuming that this printer is a LocalTalk printer? If so,
opening the Appletalk control panel, and switching it to LocalTalk will
solve your printing problem. :-) Unfortunately, it will also turn off your
access to your ethernet network. :-) You could use the Location Manager to
turn on ethernet when you need it and localtalk when you need it, but that
seems like a lot of hassle. Your best bet might be to get the iPrint device
from Farrallon, which allows you to plug your LocalTalk printer to your
ethernet network. I forget the price, but it is less than $100.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland