[NTLK] MP2100 no longer sleeps?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 15:29:32 EST

Two days ago, my MP2100 stopped sleeping. If an event/alarm goes off that
causes a box to pop up and the Newton to turn on, it just stays there forever
-- never going back to sleep. So, in the morning, it is basically almost dead
because it woke up during the night and used the batteries all night...

I've searched through old Usenet articles and found a couple where someone
else had this happened -- in both cases, someone suggested just changing the
sleep settings in the prefs and then changing them back again. This did not
work for me -- it still refuses to shut off.

I have done significant changes in the past two days. I installed DashBoard
and several other new games. I also use the latest (1.31) release of Avi's
Backdrop. However, according to the running apps list, nothing else is
running that would cause it to stay awake.

Then again, I know 1.31 is quite new (in fact, I happened to mention to Paul
that I wished things were abbreviated again like in older versions of AviB
and, I believe, that is when he released the new version). So, maybe it is
some bug in the new release? Anyone else running v1.31 of AviB from Paul?
Does your Newton sleep properly?

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions!

 - John...