Re: [NTLK] Connecting Newton to OSX

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 16:58:06 EST

on 20-02-2002 3:44, newton2k at newton2k_at_mac.com wrote:

> i tried doing this with a friend of mine who needed the newton ethernet
> stuff to get working with his new ethernet card. however, i was
> completely unable to beam the 'NIE Ethernet' package.

> then, we tried copying the package to my card, so i could lend him my
> memory card, but when you try to refile the package, it gives a warning
> to the effect that 'you cannot copy copy-protected packages'.

The package is copy protected (guess you can unprotect it with Uunprotect.
(is that the right name ?)

But the thing is, you don't need it, it's only meant to get you on the web
through an Ethernet card.

All you need is the 'NewtonDevices.pkg' and the driver for your Ethernet
card.

I'm prety sure this is the FAQ though.
(or otherwise it should be, but I never read the FAQ myself ;-)

Robert Benschop