Re: [NTLK] more on Megahertz XJ2144 problem

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 14:50:56 EST

on 2/20/02 1:29 PM, Alex at admeddemda_at_f-m.fm wrote:

> Ok. I tried first setting the modem prefs to "use left pc card" (I
> assume that's the 'lower' slot). No luck. Then, I downloaded the
> megahertz driver from the url posted onlist (thanks!). Installed it,
> and set modem prefs to use 'XJ2144'. Again, no luck.
>
> I'm stumped. The connection slip goes as far as "loading the PPP
> driver" and then fails, with an error '-16022'
>
> The driver (apparently the right one) made no difference. Bf I was
> getting the exact same error.
>
> Not sure what to try next.

I thought that the left PC card slot was the upper slot, and that the right
PC slot the lower. I have been told in the past that the modem cards work
better in the left/upper slot, which is now what I always do. But really,
I'm one of the most ignorant people on the list, so I hope you get some more
knowledgeable responses.

Dave