[NTLK] Re-Painting a Newton

From: northboy (northboy_at_cogeco.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 09:49:21 EST

It can and has been done, as I have done it. First I would warn you that
the safest way to paint your newton is to take the case apart. You don't
want to end up with the paint getting on the screen or messing up the
touchpad part of the screen. For good instructions on how to take apart
your newton try the following link:
http://www.pda-soft.de/130_disassemble.html

As for if you need to sand or not. it is better to lightly sand as this
gives a better surface for the paint. Do not use water based paint, as it
does not stick as well. Once fully dissambled paint any way you like. I
would caution against painting the inside of the battery cover as this may
make it not go back into place smoothly. Also around the hindges for the
cover can be another problem area with to much paint, or a place that pain
will start to chip away from use.

Good luck with your new paint job. I have no doubt that if Apple had not
killed the newton, we would all have a million of face plate choices on the
market right now.

Northboy