Re: [NTLK] is my flash memory card corrupted?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 11:49:42 EST

On 19/02/02 10:05, "MMarvald_at_aol.com" <MMarvald_at_aol.com> wrote:

> What can I do to reformat the card when the newton automatically tries to
> access what is on the card and won't let me get to the "erase" screen. The
> only way to get out of it is to eject the card or reset and eject the card.

Open the Prefs. Insert the card. The Newton should prompt you whether you're
really sure that you want to format it.

> Last question: where is an inexpensive place to buy a new card online?

eBay.

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it
later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting
development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N),
but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and
then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of
N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and
author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN
0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.