Re: [NTLK] Death to Americans !!! was Re: [OFF-Topic] Small World

From: Nathan J Hunt (hamlet_sr_at_email.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 01:37:30 EST

>Shit, man. So you don't think that gays deserve to be in the
>military, either? Is there anyone who is different from you who you
>can tolerate? Legalised dope and prostitution simply make it so that
>the government can regulate it, so that it is safer for the consumer.
>Which is worse, a place where somebody who wants to get high goes and
>buys stuff from some guy in an alley and finds (too late, mind you)
>that it is bad or has been cut with something that you really
>shouldn't be smoking, or a place where the government can regulate it
>and keep it safe? Not to mention, legalisation brings down the cost,
>so people who badly need a fix don't have to steal stuff and pawn it
>for the money. It also means that the police force can concentrate
>on things that are a danger to society.
>And what the hell does being a world power have to do with anything?
>A university with a good reputation is a university with a good
>reputation. It doesn't matter where it is located.
>
>-James
Oh, so if a lot of people do something wrong, and do other wrong
things to do it, we should just make it right to stop the wrong
things that help, and help the people do the wrong thing in the first
place??!! Are you out of your mind?! You say drugs are not a danger
to society?! Then why the hell are there rehab centers?! Why not just
let them fend for themselves?!

You say that we should make wrong things "safer"?! If anything, we
should make wrong things as dangerous as possible, for a deterrent,
as much as possible!

(Sorry about the rant, but I just had to get it out of my system.)

--Nathan

--

,-----/----. | O | O | | / | | (__ | | \___|__/ | '-----\----' Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface. On one hand, I'm indecisive; but on the other, I'm not. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance. Prejudiced people are all alike. Avoid cliches like the plague.