Re: [NTLK] [ot] Re: GEM Enterprises - Their definition of DOA and how to protect yourself%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;3E061371-2537-11D6-B55E-000A27E4417C@www.thisoldnewt.com>

From: Warren Stone (wstone_at_nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 09:54:18 EST

Yes I should have read the fine print at eBay and PayPal but GEM's
auction description was there in big text.

"Everything seems to work beautifully. From what we see there are no
problems with it." "...It comes with a NO DOA guarantee but it is still
sold as-is except that it turns on and runs."

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried to put it in terms they
would understand -->

This is no different than a seller advertising a laptop computer
with the buyer then receiving the laptop with the keyboard and mouse
non-functional. Just because the screen lights up does not constitute
running condition. Anyone would agree that the unit is DOA with a
defective keyboard and mouse. With the Newton the touchscreen is the
keyboard and the mouse.

Again, no response from GEM, not even another sorry you're stuck.