Re: [NTLK] 20th Anniversary Mac <=> Newton <=> PowerBook G3%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;MBBBIDIJKBIIOIHHFBIJMEFICAAA.angel316@earthlink.net>

From: Warren Stone (warren_at_ttr225.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 23:32:21 EST

What are the odds?

I have a TAM w/400MHz G3 upgrade and Orange Micro USB/Firewire PCI Card.
It is networked to my Airport network with the Farallon (Proxim) USB
Client adapter. The TAM is running OS 9.1 (There is a minor issue with
the USB adapter and the TAM. At every start up the Appletalk
initialization fails so I have to open the AppleTalk control panel and
reselect the Wireless USB adapter. I'm hoping this will be fixed in an
update from Farallon.)

I have a PISMO G3 running OSX with standard airport card.

I have a first generation Airport base station, updated to latest F/W.

I have a Lucent 802.11b Ethernet Converter (Warning expensive way to get
on the air. Has a single Ethernet port and bridges that port over the
wireless LAN). I plug my Newton 2100 into the Lucent EC and sync/back-up
to both my TAM and my Pismo G3 over the airport network without problem.
Works great.

I did connect once to my TAM via the serial port but Ethernet is much
faster. I am using the 3COM 3CCE589ET Ethernet card. I found the drivers
and instructions at http://www.chuma.org/newton/ncage/

Email me if you have any other questions. warren_at_ttr225.com.