Re: [NTLK] 20th Anniversary Mac <=> Newton <=> PowerBook G3

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 03:59:57 EST

on 18-02-2002 9:36, Ermin Mistica at angel316_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Does anyone out there connect their Newton to a 20th Anniversary Macintosh
> and if so, have you experienced any problems? Do you use serial or the
> Ethernet connection?

No personal experience with a TAM but people on the list have the done it
the 'normal' way, that is both through serial or Ethernet connection.

> Also, slightly off topic, anyone out there have a 20th Anniversary Macintosh
> AND a PowerBook G3 FW (aka Pismo)? How do you network the two?

With the crossover cable that you would use for your Newt as well ?

Networking Mac's is pretty straightforward, long time ago that I set up a
network, but AFAIR it just took some setting in the File Sharing Control
Panel and logging in with each other.

Robert Benschop