Re: [NTLK] broken newton?

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 03:41:46 EST

What I could imagine that the contacts of the ROM board (middle down LEFT)
are bad.
The ROM board is fixed with plastic snap-in holders on both sides holding it
in place.
I cannot imagine that one could apply such a shock that it will get
unlocked.
Try to move the ROM board out (release the two plastic holders carefully by
pressing them slightly away from the board) and check the contacts. They
should be shiny. If not you can try to clean them.
Place the board back into the connector (in an angle of approx 45 degree to
the logic board) until you feel that the board reaches the side wall of the
connector, then press it down until the plastic holders snap in.
Try the deep reset again.

You can also check the connection to the screen (flatband cable on the
middle right side, tapered down to the Strong Arm chip)
Good luck!

Johannes