[NTLK] Wireless: Sync or Browse?

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_jojoro.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 19:58:19 EST

Folks,

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I have searched through the archives and read a lot of messages, and I am still unclear - has anyone gotten the newt to work wirelessly to get out to the net, or are they simply connecting to a computer for sync. OR, are people connecting through a computer and getting out to the net (to browse, say).

If so, can the wave lan card work with any 802.11 router, or do you have to connect adhoc, then set up routeing software on the base computer. And can you set up a PC using any basic 802.11 card?

I know I'm not the only one out there wondering all this - I am up and running ethernet, but man how cool it would be to be always on with the newt.

Thanks to all who know and share....