[NTLK] GEM enterprises

From: emdub (emdub_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 18:22:26 EST

I got my 2 Newtons 2100 today from Gem Enterprises. Physically both are
in very good condition. One of them seems to have a dead battery: the
Newton says the battery can't hold a charge or something of the sort. I
guess I'll have to find a battery or something to replace it. One of
them had some sort of label glue that can be easily removed with alcohol
from the casing. The screens, Styli and covers are in good condition. It
came with 2x 32 MB cards and 2 x33.6 cards both working... not bad. For
both of these WITH POSTAGE TO PORTUGAL I paid $415. A bit expensive but
I'm happy they work! This was for me and a friend of mine and
unfortunately for him he got the dead battery... Summing it up: GEM
Enterprises does a good job at providing good Newtons if anybody is in
doubt.

Now for my re-experience with the Newton (I used to use a H1000):
AMAZING!!!!!! How could I go so long without one! I was expecting more
difficulty connecting it up to my Tibook, but it worked perfectly in the
Classic environment with a Keysppan adapter... it even went to get the
Keyspan drivers automatically! I love Apple!!! My next challenge will be
to get everything from my Visor onto the Newton. I'm not asking
questions because I'm really enjoying figuring it out by myself, and I
ain't no rocket scientist!! So shame on you, those who just ask
questions without barely trying... ;-) Watch me come back in a few days
asking how to do it...

-mw

Why is it called "after dark" when it's really after light!?