[NTLK] 32 MB Card Goodies -Report to us

From: Chris Myers (cmyers_at_plumbrook.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 18:16:53 EST

I received my cheap 32 MB card today from the seller who has the BIN for
$35 dollars and I have some interesting things to report.
All of the information on the card was left, unlike the other 32 MB card
I bought from another seller. To my surprise there was a partial
backup, so I restored it to my backup Newt.

Some interesting things

There is an extension for the EZShow VGA card installed on the Newt., so
it seems that these drug reps had a VGA card with them.
Another interesting thing was when I turned it on, there was no
backdrop. Is there a way to see what program is running as a backdrop?
It started up and the background was clean; it scared me at first.

Next there was a cool little reset program located in the dock. I plan
on keeping this. Is there anyway to figure out who wrote it? It has an
icon of a bomb similar to the ones in the old Mac error codes when the
computer would freeze.

It has a program called Northstar, but I keep getting deadly errors that
makes my Newt restart right after I launch and enter the program. My
assumption is this is supposed to be talking to the newtork. There is a
lot of information in the Northstar storage soups, so I will be looking
up what they are.

There is also an Internet Setup called Chesterfield that dials into
alter.net which is uunet. Sorry no username was left.

There is also an extension called graphVals:WSI It seems to be there and
not connected to anything. Anyone here about this extension?

Other than this, this is all. If any of you get one of these cards
check it out and let us know. Maybe we can get some more abandon ware.
I will keep this card and the contents for a while, so if anyone wants
me to test anything, let me know.

Chris