[NTLK] MAD Max and eMate (was: It's here)

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 12:54:03 EST

Stephen Jendraszak wrote:
> I saw on the site that you need someone to check eMate compatibility. I
> will try it, once my 32 MB card arrives. My only concern is that the
> processor won't be fast enough. And, on an eMate, I can't have a high
> capacity memory card AND a ethernet connection at the same time. But it
> would be nice to have a use for the built-in headphone jack!

I recently got an eMate myself and the headphone jack is definitely one
of the neat features. While networking and MP3 playback look pretty bad
currently, I think MP3 files at a verly low bitrate (8-24kbit) might be
worth a try. This would at least give users of spoken word books
something useful.

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --