Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 02:05:21 EST

on 14-02-2002 5:58, Donald T. Stewart, MD at DonS_at_PineLakeMed.com wrote:

> Is there any way to set up a Software base station on a Windoze machine? I
> would assume that I could install a second network card in an XP or NT
> machine and use the machine as a router, but would prefer to hear that
> someone else has done this successfully first. Would this work under
> Basilisk? Has anyone done this in anything but a Mac?
> And, finally, do you need another Wavelan card for the base station, or will
> any compatible 802.11b card work?

Airport software is Mac only and I don't know of something else that has a
software base station option, under Basilisk seems doubtful unless you get a
later system running (I think that OS 9 is required for Airport, maybe OS
8.6 ?)

For Windows the option I posted yesterday still seems the easiest way to go.

Anybody with the answer to my TCP/IP question, Oliver, Jim ?

Robert Benschop