Re: [NTLK] Dashboard Macintalk Script

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 18:58:57 EST

Peter, what error do you get? It should give you a mesage number, probably a
negative number five digits long starting with -48xxx.

Also, try doing it one line at a time. Start with a blank script and put in
only:

local t := GetHilitedTextItems();

and tap the Test button and see. It should compile ok, though it won't do
anything after that.

Then add beneath the first line:

local vox := "[[svox kath]]";

and tap test again and see. Once more, it should compile fine, but should
do nothing.

Then we'll skip the 'if...' stuff for now, and just add on the next line:

foreach item in t do Playsound(vox&item);

then tap Test again and see. --- obviously, highlight some text first before
testing. You can just highlight the script itself, that works fine.

If this works fine, then above the 'foreach...' line, add:

if not(t = nil) then begin

and after the 'foreach...' line add:

end;

Then highlight some text in the script and tap Test again, and see.

By testing as you build, you can then find where the error lies.

-Stephanie