Re: [NTLK] Newton vs. Pocket PC 2002 (aka WindowsCE 3.0)

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_jojoro.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 13:35:40 EST

On 2/13/2002 at 9:55 AM Gerry Lusk wrote:

>I have an iPaq 3135 (mono screen) that I got for a steal when the color
>version came out. I played with it for a while, bought some expensive
>accessories and now I'm carrying the Newton again. I agree with most of
>the
>comments in this thread.

Count me among the tech addicts that got one. I bought a cassiopiea 125=
 some time ago, partly because of wireless abilities, partly for the color=
 screen, partly because if I'm not researching and buying technology I get=
 bummed.

Liked it for a while, nice sync etc, but hated the bloatware. So I=
 switched to a Clie 610 with a great color screen (palm os) which I loved,=
 and now I'm back to the Newton again, having dragged a 2000 out of the=
 attic, then bought a 2100 from mr2ndhand.

Simply no comparison - trying to tightly integrate your docs with something=
 the size of a palm or pocket pc, doesn't make sense to me. I've NEVER=
 really gotten into editing or writing documents on a palm sized PDA.

I still use the clie now and then, but my everyday tool is the newt.