Re: [NTLK] Sell or hold

From: Chris Chapman (pan1k_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 01:01:02 EST

On 2/12/02 9:03 PM, "Sushi" <sushi_at_ragingbull.com> wrote:

>> On 2002/02/12, Rui Curveira wrote:
>>
>> Keep your Newt. You'll miss it when it's gone. I have
>> many friends who have gone Palm. They all say the same
>> thing. Why?
>
> Wise words indeed.
>
> As someone who when to the Palm for a couple of years, and has returned to the
> Newton, I can tell you, that you will miss the Newt. I missed it dearly.
>
> Sometimes I do a sanity check, and hold the Palm and Newt side by side. I
> just end up chuckling to myself.
>
> My jump to the Palm was in reaction to Apple's cancelation of the Newt and my
> concern over data accessability. Since I did backups to my desktop, I was
> worried that if I lost my Newt, I would never be able to access my data. At
> the time I was traveling extensively. Prices were going up quickly for the
> remaining Newts. Based on all this, I decided to change platforms.
>
> Now that I have a couple of Newts, that worry is gone. I no long care if my
> Newt is broken or lost since I have all of my data backed up. Actually I do
> care, but am not worried about the data loss like before.
>
> During my Palm stint, I enjoyed learning about Palm and using the device. The
> Palm's interface is pretty good, after all it should be as there were numerous
> Apple programmers on the development team.
>
> Right now if I had to go back to the Palm, I would go for the new Sony Clie.
> It's small, color, has a 320x320 screen, and works well. One of these days, I
> imagine that Sony will follow Handera's lead and make one that is 320x480 with
> a colapsable Grafitti area.
>
> Right now, I am happy with the Newt and it's super HWR capability.
>
> If nothing else, keep your Newt, and years down the road you can fire it up
> and see what data you had entered. BTW, when I came back to the Newt after 2
> years, all my data/apps were still there as I left it. Nothing was missing.
> Sure can't say that about the Pocket PC or Palm devices.
>
> Sushi

> Talk Stocks with Smart Investors -- http://www.ragingbull.com
>
> Click Below for Brokerage Specials for Raging Bull Users
> http://www.ragingbull.com/tradingcenter
I don't know. Now that I have a NUG and a List, the newton experience is
1000 times what it used to be, I know I'm not alone now, (woohoo I've met
someone else who uses them) Besides, newts rock. I got to listen to my
girlfriends brother rave about his 3 hour battery life on his pocketpc, only
to hear him after I mentioned my battery life on my newt. This groups just
rocks. Can't express it any other way! I can't ever replace my newt...i've
done it before and I just end up going back...don't fight it. . . Especially
when I have so many accessories... Plus more coming in the mail... I just
ordered 6 32 MB Linear Flash cards and 4 9w power supplies....got a great
deal!

-Chris