Re: [NTLK] Sell or hold...what is NPDS good for?

From: Rui Curveira (rui_at_interlog.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 00:00:26 EST

Mostly NPDS is for fun! But it can be very useful. For a while I had my Newton
online and I could surf to it from my cell phone. I could see my schedule, get
contact info etc. I could even post new notes for myself. I carried an MP100
with me during the day and wrote down any new larger notes or appointments,
then beamed them to my trusty 2100 server when I got home. It was wicked. The
cool thing is you can write notes to it remotely, so if you are at work and
think of something and need a safe place to keep it, post it to your Newt. I
would love to be able to be able to look up a contact and dial the number
directly but the Newton would have to serve the data using the WAP protocol for
me to do that. Unless there is some magic trick or code that someone could shed
light on.
Anyway like I said just fun!!!
Rui