[NTLK] Help with erasing 32MB Card

From: Adam Macks (akmacks_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 17:15:39 EST

> I did not have this experience with any smaller cards, but I now use
> cradeject to unmount my cards & take them out whenever I have to reset.

help please!!

just got a 32Mb Pretec Type I Linear Card - it read fine when inserted
and i installed a package for Symantec's ACT! on it - unfortunately, the
connection broke half way through and now i have a corrupted package
which freezes the Newt 2100 upon card insertion or after a reset!!

I cant insert the card without the freeze occuring

This brings me to the question - how does one erase or reformat the card
without having to wait until after the card's insertion? is there a
certain way to reset the newt ith the card inserted and then be prompted
to erase the contents of the card?

cheers,

adam macks