Re: [NTLK] Database program?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 14:53:57 EST

On 12/02/02 14:07, "Bryan Cantley" <bcantley_at_fullerton.edu> wrote:

> I have tried using Clarity for my classes, but i have so many students
> with so many evaluations in the matrix, the MP2100 basically shuts down
> when trying to calculate all the cells. Sadly, I can only use it for
> attendance databases.
>
> So I am looking for a very simple "database" [I suppose that's the
> correct term] program that will let me enter names on the vertical axis,
> and put project titles on the horizontal, to record grades.
>
> I also need one that will not shut my MOP down.
>
> Any thoughts? your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

I've never used it myself, but I read good comments about NewtDB. Don't have
a URL handy, but I'm sure that if you do a search in Google, you will
find...

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.