Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 23:47:46 EST

>>On 11-02-2002 @ 7:05, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:
>>
>>My Mother finds the Newton more to her liking than any
>>desktop and has dumped her iMac.
>
>On 2/12/02 @ 4:03, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>Now there you have over 1000 people on this list that
>will agree with you ;-)

Well, maybe 1001! ;-)

Interesting about the Newt verses iMac.

One thing that I really like about the Newt, is that I never seem have to
save anything. It just happens. Plus, the integration of the soups
(data) is very nice.

It sure gets me to wondering what a tablet Newt would have been like to
use.

What I found interesting, especially coming back to the Newt, is that
number of third party options that extend the already wonderful interface
into a really powerful one.

When it comes down to it, a computer/PDA/digital camera/MP3 player/etc.
is a tool to get what you want done in the most effective manner. The
big advantage of the Newt type device in the PDA arena, is it's size,
ease of use, and integration with the user.

Sushi