Re: [NTLK] Bible on Newt [was NIV]

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 13:44:33 EST

OK, to keep this within the bounds of newton-related, and to avoid a
theological discussion ...

To make an electronic copy (newtonbook) of any written work requires express
permission from whomsoever owns the copyright to that work, period. It is
known as 'electronic distribution', even if the only one it is distributed
to is yourself for your own use, and it is illegal without permission.

No, no one 'owns' the Bible per se. However, there is copyright ownership
of particular translations, and even over particular publications of
translations. This is fact, like it or not.

How you choose to deal with the legalities of this is your own personal
moral choice.

Paul Nuernberger