[NTLK] Charter/Manifesto of NewtonTalk

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 13:22:32 EST

Victor,
Perhaps we should create a charter, vote on it and
then set it up for the NewtonTalk FAQ and Manifesto.
Just doing this arbitrarily may cause dissension
amoungst the ranks.
This charter should outline what is expected of the
subscribers, what's required of them as subscribers,
what can get them kicked off of the list, temporarily
or permanently (you know, kinda like a "time-out"
sorta thing) Directions on creating a topic and how to
reply to both individual topics and digest topics.
This list is now big enough to warrant something more
than complete anarchy. I, in no way, sanction
censoring and have said so in the past many times, And
I am not doing so with this suggestion either. I just
think we should have some rules regarding list
expectations. Strict punnishment should not be the
responsibility of a single person. complete removal of
an individual from the list should be done from a core
group of people voting.
At least, that's my idea. Any others?
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)
--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> I am going to start unsubscribing people who do
> things like this. If such
> threads somehow develop out of other topics, fine,
> but posting such crap
> as a single URL that has no relation to anything
> else happening on the
> list is not acceptable

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -