Re: [NTLK] Debating 32MB purchase - YES!

From: Gary Moody (gmoody_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 11:20:38 EST

In a word - YES! 32MB cards are wonderful! 2 are better! I run 2 in my
2100, and I'm starting to run out of space. Of course, I have nearly 5
years worth of work notes on my MP, and every package I can find loaded :)
CAVEAT - Make *sure* that they were never used in a router! Routers eat
linear memory cards in a very short time. A linear memory card has a
lifetime of 100,000 read/write cycles (~ 10-20 years in a Newton, 15 mins -1
hour in a busy router) :P

Alternatively, wait for the final version of the ATA flash driver from Paul,
which potentially give you much more than 32MB.

Regards,

Gary