Re: [NTLK] My 802.11 wireless Newton web server works!

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 05:12:41 EST

On 2/4/02 2:27 AM, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Please keep us posted, so far there haven't been any reports of people that
> got this working with a Mac (only Newton to Mac, no connection to the
> internet)
> And the PCMCIA PCI card isn't an option for me as I have a Cube.
> (which I find noisy when it's silent, so a G4 isn't really an option ;-)

Well more progress!

I just tricked my PowerBook 3400 into thinking it is a much newer powerbook!
Then I was able to install the Apple AirPort 1.3.1 software onto it.
It works with my Lucent WaveLAN Silver card as if it were an AirPort card!
I setup the AirPort software but won't be able to really test untill my
other WaveLAN Silver card gets here.

All signs point to YES!!!!