Re: [NTLK] Dialing with the Newt

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 14:15:09 EST

I use this feature all of the time. It's great.

What I do is set the Newt on my desk (it's usually flat, in its case)
then set it to dial, pick up the phone from the cradle, and literally
put the phone's mouthpiece, or mike, directly on the Newt's speaker. If
I only hold the mouthpiece close to the speaker, other noise in my
office (or the volume of the tones) may interfere.

If you are just holding the Newt close to the phone, perhaps the tone is
not loud enough to set off the "trigger" in the phone system for the
numbers. Try literally holding the phone on the Newton.

If this were just happening on one phone, I would ask if the phone was
set to pulse as opposed to tone dialing, but I believe that you said you
have tried this on multiple phones.

Patrick

Age doesn't always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone.

A Message from Patrick Jendraszak ... Reply to indyibook_at_home.com