Re: [NTLK] Transfer Limitations

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 12:23:41 EST

on 10/02/02 09:50, Luiz Petroni at lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br wrote:

> I would like to know which is the largest file (in MB) that can be
> transfered at once from a Mac to the Newton (be it thru USB / Serial /
> Ethernet)?
>
> Does this file transfer have different limits based on the kind of file I am
> transfering (i.e. sound files has one file size limit, applications other,
> and so on)?

You can't actually directly transfer a file from your desktop (any desktop)
to your Newton. The file system in the Newton is truly unique and no desktop
is really similar. But as a rule of thumb, some people found that they were
able to import RTF files from their desktop into NewtonWorks as long as the
free heap they had was larger than the transferred file, which is roughly
around 400 KB on a 2100 or an upgraded 2000.

-Laurent.