Re: [NTLK] i think i need this

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 12:05:49 EST

on 10/02/02 09:34, mmcipollone at mmcipollone_at_rogers.com wrote:

> http://www.usb-port.com/uc232.html
>
> this is a usb to serial, giving an extra serial port
>
> i'm using win 2000
> have the proper newton serial to pc
> but the 9 pin on my computer used to be mouse connection
> now have round connection for mouse
>
> yes, i've got slowdown!
>
> do you think this will connect me
>
> i DO have a free usb port
>
> or should i give up, go to ethernet connection(or at least TRY)
> installing needed pkg wi the old mac at school via serial fr unna cdrom

If you have a USB port, and if that device is reported to be compatible with
your version of Windows, then you should be set. I cannot really comment on
your round port (connection) for your mouse, except that it must be a PS/2
port. What is strange a bit is that you have a USB port, but your mouse uses
the PS/2 port. Or maybe this is just my poor knowledge of the PC
architecture. Anyway, the USB to serial manufacturer of the thing says that
it works under 2000, so give it a try. Slowdown might not be necessary. I
would suggest that you initially try without it.

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer', `distributed', and `open'.