Re: [NTLK] Death to Americans !!! was Re: [OFF-Topic] Small World

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 00:27:16 EST

At 9:37 PM -0300 2/9/02, Alexander Andrade Leao wrote:
>Right now, americans newspapers are been controled by your Big "Bush"
>Brother. Maybe this is an unadequated moment to read non partial news in
>USA.

    If you believe that the Bush administration controls the American
press, you truly have absolutely no clue about how America works.
Why do you continue to write statements as fact that are so
completely ludicrous?

>Not more coward than that guys that authorized the nuclear bomb on Japan,
>killing more inocent people than in Pear Harbor and WTC together.

    We had this discussion on this very list last year, even though it
was OT. Check the archives.

>Yes, HOLYWOOD (in many ways a Big Brother's tool) overstate the American
>contribution in those wars. The USA was important in the WWII (a bit in WW
>I) but not more important than russians, britanics and others.

    Many of us Americans also think Hollywood is a "tool", but not in
the way you mean. I don't even know who you mean by the "Big
Brother" reference.

    We've already discussed WWII on the list also, check the archives.
Britain was isolated on their island, and without the US lend-lease
and supply convoys would have been toast, or at best starved into
irrelevance. I guess you forgot that Austria (annexed),
Czechoslovakia, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg, Belgium, the
Netherlands, France, Greece and probably some others that I'm
forgetting were conquered and occupied by Germany. Russia had turned
the tide against the Germans at Stalingrad, partly with help from the
US in terms of motor vehicles (not armor). But the Germans had
stabilized the situation and the Russians were squandering their
manpower against a German defensive meatgrinder. Stalin was begging
the US to open a 2nd front.

    So yes, I would say America was more important than the other
Allies. America fought a 2-front war and won on both fronts. Did we
lose more men than the other countries - nope, and we're proud of it.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the
other bastard die for his." (General George Patton, 1885-1945,
American general).

>If u (or any one) want to continue an open mind talk, we can do in pvt.
>PLS, stop with this subject in this list!!!!!

    You don't get a thread to end by spouting your opinion and then
saying that the topic should stop with your post. It doesn't work
that way. If you really want a thread to stop, here's my 3-step plan
that eventually works every time:

    1. Don't post anything to the thread,
    2. Don't post anything to the thread, and
    3. Don't post anything to the thread.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer