[NTLK] was Re: [OFF-Topic] SmallWorld

From: scotty technoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 14:50:21 EST

"Whoever fights monsters should also in the process ensure that he doesn't
become a monster himself. And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also
looks into you."

~~ Friedrich Nietzsche

i would like to offer my 2 brief cents here , if anyone is even bothering
to read this topic anymore...
nationalism is a dangerous obsession. pride is a virtue right up until it
becomes a fault. for those interested, please read 'If the War Should Go On'
by Nietzsche. he had the ill fortune to witness a violent storm of
nationalism in his own country, one from which the world is still
recovering.
the question is, after millennia of lessons and mistakes, will our human
errors in judgment become greater or lesser? is the greatness of the
american empire measured in mere military might, and if so, have we
progressed at all in the last two thousand years?
must the wars go on forever?

--scotty t