Re: [NTLK] Getting a new MP

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 12:20:45 EST

Hello Jonathan,

Congrats on your new MP2100!

If you have a memory card, or access to one, you could back the MP120 onto
the memory card, and then restore just the soups you need (names, calendar,
notes, whatever) onto the MP2100. I'm pretty sure this will work, from one
2.x device to another.

If you don't have access to a card, then maybe it's time for another SONUG
meeting soon, I or someone else there can lend you one I am sure, so you
could do the transfers right away. Or maybe someone has one they could sell
you. I have a 4MB card I'm not really using, but I don't know for sure that
it will work on a MP120. (It works on MP2100, but not on eMate so it's
probably 12v/5v.)

If all else fails, you can use IR. It may be slow though, since you have so
much data, but I'm almost positive it will work. (I beam data back and forth
between my MP2100 and my friends MP120 frequently. Packages don't work
well, but data does).

-Stephanie

http://www.maksystems.com/newton/