Re: [NTLK] RRe: OSX - OT

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 21:37:33 EST

on 08/02/02 17:36, John Cleary at john_cleary_at_mac.com wrote:

> You know, as far as speed goes it's all relative! I use OSX every day on my
> PB550, and when I boot back into 9 some things are faster, but the overall
> system runs slower from a usability point of view. I HATE the fact that when
> an application is doing something I can't do anything else while waiting.
> Drives me absolutely nuts! Same for internet game play, the TCP stack is so
> beautifully robust under X, I always got dropouts under 9.

Couldn't agree more. You just pull down a menu and everything else come to a
grinding halt. Incredible. In OS X, even if an application is completely
screwed up, you can still pull down the system-wide menus and they still
work. And when you pull down those menus, all other applications are still
running and updating like if nothing had happened...

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor users get is the finger.