Re: [NTLK] Manipulation of stats

From: Donald J. Ryan (DJRyan_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 09:06:53 EST

> Granted, OS X is a mess, and in my opinion, the greatest mistake Apple ever
> made, and it may be their downfall if the unix geeks of the world don't buy
> it. ;-)

Are you kidding? I think OS X is fantastic! Blows away Windows XP / NT. Just
as an example of the power and flexibility, Lucent decided not to support
their WaveLAN cards under OS X because Apple was pushing their propriety
Airport cards. Well the open source community jumped in and created a set of
OS X drivers. It uses the OS X installer and adds a new control to the
preference pane...installed and worked just like any other 3rd party
software and works well.

The other day I was burning a CD while downloading a 15M file and updating
my Newton via Classic with 6 other apps running in the background. I didn't
realize it until I sat back and looked and was amazed....try doing that with
OS 9...try doing it with Windows...OS X rocks!

Donald Ryan