Re: [NTLK] Ethernet connection

From: Andy Pasulka (anp919_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 08:04:49 EST

>> I have a 2100 with a ethernet card and cable. Able to connect to the net
>> with the card but not my other Macs. All machines are connected to a hub,
>> but none "see" the Newton and visa versa. All systems are set to AppleTalk
>> Ethernet, all are able to get online via the cable modem, but I want to back
>> up the Newton to the desktop. Any thoughts on why this may not be working?
>> Does it matter the versions of AppleTalk?

I'm having the same trouble since installing a 10/100 router I got from
compgeeks.com. My PB can see my G4 and vice-versa, but my Newton is useless
on the LAN (and fails getting a DHCP address, too). A crossover cable works
when connected directly to the G4, but that requires crawling behind the G4
to change cables. I've never seen such a picky router, but my experience
with routers is pretty limited.

So now I just back up my Newton at work.

ANP

--

Towards the insignificant (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp919_at_earthlink.net