Re: [NTLK] DHCP program for Newton

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 02:36:19 EST

Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:18:43 -0500 (EST)
From: speedy2 <speedy2_at_dag.net>

>Is there a program for the 2x00 that will report the current IP obtained
>via DHCP? Ideally, it might have options to "release" and "renew" the IPs.

To get the IP is pretty straightforward. You send the Inet Profile
option and you get back the Newton local IP and the gateway IP.

However, playing with DHCP isn't possible.
NIE DHCP client only asks for a lease and then doesn't do anything at
all. It doesn't renew the lease when it expired, it doesn't release
it, etc.

If someone is willing to write a correct DHCP client (or a BOOTP),
I'm ready to help to install it within NIE (or just grab my NIE Patch
to see how I change the DNS service).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/