Re: [NTLK] Power adapter

From: Richard G. DAVIS (msys1_at_charter.net)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 13:43:20 EST

Chris,

I STRONGLY recommend against any use of any AC power adapter except the
Apple branded products! The Newton was designed with an unusual set of
specifications for the input from the power adapter. Any attempt to use the
more conventional power adapters sold as generic products by Radio Shack and
others is a definite risk to your Newton. Either you risk physical damage
to the power supply components inside the Newton, or unreliable operation of
the Newton leading to corruption of the stored data.

Regards,

Richard.

--
Richard Davis
Mformation SYStems Company

tel: 508-869-6976 fax: 508-869-6008 e-mail: msys1_at_charter.net