Re: [NTLK] Power adapter

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 13:34:37 EST

On 07/02/02 13:18, "Huggins, Chris" <Chris.Huggins_at_webct.com> wrote:

> Can an off the shelf power adapter be purchased for a Newt, from say Radio
> Shack? If so, what info do I need to get the correct one?

Some people reported that they've been using off the shelf adapter with
their Newton for years without any problem. There is only one problem,
though: many off the shelf adapter will provide varying power, despite their
rating. This has to do with the design and whatever is connected to the
adapter. You have to keep in mind that a too great variation in power can
fry your Newton.

I don't have any adapter for sale, but I would suggest you look on eBay.
There is a specific Newton section, under the PDA/Consumer Electronics
section, I think.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."