Re: [NTLK] Has anyone played with Newtonlink yet?

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 15:22:54 EST

Rob wrote:
> I am running a Pismo with OSX actually. I haven't heard of=20
> Newtonlink before, sounds interesting. If it is able to run=20
> on OSX (which I'm sure it
> could) we could just add a Perl module to handle OSX applications.

        Well, you'd have to add a bunch of perl modules (one for each
application transfer), but they're fairly small. You'd also have to
modify the UI to include buttons or menu items for these modules, but
since Newtonlink is written in perl that would also be trivial. The only
thing I can think of that might be a problem is Tk. Newtonlink uses Tk
for UI, and I'm not sure if OS X does Tk.

<Off Topic>
        How do you like your Pismo? I've been wanting to get some sort
of Powerbook to do more Newton programming and I've been seeing them
(Pismos) on ebay for reasonable amounts of money, lately.
</Off Topic>

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 197:
I will explain to my Legions of Terror that guns are ranged weapons and
swords are not. Anyone who attempts to throw a sword at the hero or club
him with a gun will be summarily executed.